Reynolds Space

03 June 2007

Spa Break

For my mother-in-law's birthday, Susan (sister-in-law) and I thought it would be nice to treat her (and ourselves) to a nice spa break. We headed up to Donegal for a 2 night stay at the Carlton Hotel in Redcastle. Susan, myself, Anne and Eileen (Anne's best friend) enjoyed a relaxing few days treating ourselves to spa treatments and lovely food. I bought a bottle of rosé Cava, strawberries and a chocolate sauce to place in Anne's room upon arrival. We told Anne and Eileen to head into the bar for a drink while we checked-in and got sorted out. Picture of our efforts...

I know there are 4 glasses, but I only had 2 sips out of mine... I really don't have a taste for alcohol and have no plans to drink through my pregnancy. On Thursday, we headed out for a drive after breakfast... of course I forgot my camera, but the weather was perfect and the scenery gorgeous. Susan and I dipped our toes into the Atlantic Ocean/ Lough Foyle... it was freezing. After our drive, we all headed to the spa for our treatments. They didn't have a pre-natal therapist on staff so I couldn't get a massage, but I enjoyed a lovely facial and manicure. We had an amazing 6 course meal that night which was included in the price. We brought candles with us to surprise Anne at dessert.

We all had a great time. And for any of you looking for a wonderful and restful break I would definitely recommend heading up to the Carlton Redcastle Hotel. We got this brilliant deal- 2 nights B&B, 1 gormet dinner and 2 spa treatments for only 199Euro each!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home